Protected by Copyscape DMCA Takedown Notice Checker

Thursday, January 14, 2010

My Apology

I'm sorry

I didn't mean it
Insecurity bubbled over
Expectation bled through

I battled, I tried
I lost the war in my mind
The words burst forth

Passive aggressive music
Too loud in my head
My retaliation burns

Sickened as the words pass my lips
Undertones of pain
Hidden within the venom

You don't understand
Lost in my translation
Listen while I explain

I'm hurt...I still want you

I'm disappointed...I still need you

I'm confused...I still seek you

I hurt you...I love you

I'm sorry

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful. I particularly like the last two stanzas. Very haunting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Humanization. This was terrific and heartfelt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. another good one
    KJ

    ReplyDelete