Protected by Copyscape DMCA Takedown Notice Checker

Monday, June 20, 2011

Perfect For Me


Shame is a waste
A seemingly useless emotion
Slithering like a snake
It sneaks up on you
Thickens and constricts
Sucks the life out of victims
Feeds on the hearts and souls
Of the innocent and damned
Consumes every inch of tender skin
Spreading venom through frail bodies
It poisons everything
It’s poisoning me
Weakened past the point of reason
Insanity begins to take control
Swirling thoughts of madness reign
And become truth
Nothing is what it seems
I am no longer me
Such a cruel twist of fate
And you are no longer you
The hatred inside you grows
It surrounds you and taints all things
You wish to keep safe
You hate yourself
Likely more than you hate me
And though I am weak
From touching you
I know deep inside my dying soul
The damage you have done
Can never be undone
Gone is the person I thought
You were
Perfectly imperfect
Perfect for me
Now all I see is a vile shell
Your mark has been made
This task complete
And as I take my dying breath
A single moment of clarity blooms
Shame has proven its usefulness
After all
It’s destroyed both you
And me
Though there was never really
‘You and Me’
There was only you

3 comments:

  1. Love the green, the cadence, the words. I could hear the venom in this voice. Nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like daggers the last stanza...just awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heartfelt, stinging and eep with emotions... It's like a cross between a moment of clarity and "sour grapes" at trhe same time. It just sucks how we see things in hindsight sometimes. Once again...you made me feel..thank you!

    ReplyDelete