Protected by Copyscape DMCA Takedown Notice Checker

Thursday, June 10, 2010

Blackened

Wallowing in me

Huddled in a soothing

Embrace of self…

Selfishness

Self-centered

Self…

I’ve no idea

Who or what

I will be

When I’m gone

Will I find lucidity?

Each direction I turn

Walls close slowly

Devouring the last of my sanity

Everything dead

Blackened

Painted by your hand

Fleeting moments of clarity

In between monotonous

Decomposing memories

I’m quite certain

You’re alone

Rotting and cold

Coloring the walls of the box

Containing your soul

Wallowing in you

Huddled in a soothing

Embrace of the box

Remembering who

I thought you were

5 comments:

  1. We fall in love with illusion. Over time the mask slips and we see a glimpse of truth. Death robs us even of that.

    Great verse, Roland

    ReplyDelete
  2. I gotta say here I know the feeling sweetheart. People...they change and so do you. Part of livin'.

    ReplyDelete
  3. dark and gloomy
    KJ

    ReplyDelete